Monday, June 22, 2009

Disney World launches online meal reservations

One of the most annoying parts of planning a Disney World vacation has been making Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs). Because the most popular restaurants are in such demand you almost have to make ADRs 90 days in advance if you want to assure the dates and times you want to dine. The thing that made this so difficult was that you could lay out a plan for the entire week, then call to make your reservations and find out one of your reservations wouldn't work and then have to rework your whole plan.

For years I've wondered why Disney didn't make their reservations system available online so that I could figure out what was available similar to the way I can find airline or hotel reservations. Well, they finally have. The Walt Disney World Online Advanced Dining Reservation system is available via the US website only, and can be accessed at disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

I have no doubt that this system will be abused by some people who will grab up reservations at the most popular restaurants, but overall, I expect that it will improve customer service by allowing customers to find what they are looking for. I like the features that allow you to enter a range of dates for a particular restaurant so you can find an open reservation any given day. I also like the feature that suggests other restaurants that have openings.

I will definitely be using this system for my next trip!

No comments: