Thursday, June 12, 2008

If you can't pinch pennies, you can at least squish them

I discovered the joy of collecting pressed pennies on our last trip. Actually, I used it to mollify my 4 year old son. No matter where we went he wanted to stay there there forever! It didn't matter if we went to one of the parks, a water park or a resort for dinner, he was sold. I began using the penny "squishers" as he called them to convince him that there were other places to go and see. I told him he could get one "squished" penny each day. He looked forward to getting his squished penny each day and would dream about where we were going tomorrow so he could think about where he would get his penny. At the end of the week, the pennies served as reminders to him where he had been and how much fun he had been. They were a fairly inexpensive treasure to him.

I've put together a checklist of locations of penny squishers. I'm not positive if it's completely up-to-date or not, but it's a good starting point. If you have any updates, let me know.

No comments: